Family Law

Filter by category:

Family Law News property law


Child support debts stop parents from travelling

Do you have child support debt but still want to travel outside Australia? Record numbers of travelling parents with outstanding child support debts are being stopped at the airport and prevented from leaving Australia. If you do not pay your child support debt, the Australian Government can issue a Departure Prohibition Order (DPO) to stop you from leaving Australia. Generally speaking, this travel ban will be issued when there is a debt owing and there have not been satisfactory arrangements to discharge all debts. Read More